WordPress is the best and easily manageable blogging platform for startup bloggers but still WordPress is highly targeted by hackers.While creating or installing a WordPress blog normally we all give( Admin ) as Username after that when we want to change the Username WordPress won’t allow you to change that, So I will help you change WordPress admin username easily.
By default, WordPress sets the administrator username to “admin” at installation time.
A lot of hackers try to take advantage of this information by attempting “Brute Force Login Attacks” where they repeatedly try to guess the password by using “admin” for a username. From a security perspective, changing the default “admin” username is one of the first and smartest things you should do on your site.
As you can see it shows that Username cannot be changed once you created in WordPress blog but I will help you change username easily by Using a simple and most wanted plugin for WordPress blog.
This plugin will help you secure your WordPress blog in all the way possible.
- This plugin is designed and written by experts and is easy to use and understand.
- It reduces security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the latest recommended WordPress security practices and techniques.
- All In One WP Security also uses an unprecedented security points grading system to measure how well you are protecting your site based on the security features you have activated.
- Our security and firewall rules are categorised into “basic”, “intermediate” and “advanced”. This way you can apply the firewall rules progressively without breaking your site’s functionality.
- The All In One WordPress Security plugin doesn’t slow down your site and it is 100% free.
- Detect if there is a user account which has the default “admin” username and easily Change WordPress Admin Username.
- Ability to add captcha to the WordPress user registration page to protect you from spam user registration.
- Protect your PHP code by disabling file editing from the WordPress administration area.
Download and install All In One WP Security & Firewall and activate this plugin on your blog.
After activating this plugin click on WP Security tab and click User Account.
Now Change WordPress Admin Username
Now you can see List of Administrator Account on your WordPress blog, Now click Edit User to which you want to be edited.
Now change the (Admin) and give a suitable username which hackers can’t find.
Be careful if you change the default ( Admin ) Username something else you won’t be able to change it again.So try to give a suitable Username while changing.
Download All In One WP Security & Firewall
Rahil is a part time blogger from Kerala, India. Apart from Blogging, His areas of Interest are Computers, Networking , WordPress , Playing And Watching Movies At BlogForInfo he Writes about Blogging, WordPress, Technology, Making Money online.